Product introduction / description:
An all in one versatile acetic cure silicone sealant formulated for general purpose glazing and sealing applications where long term reliability is required. Bonds to form a durable, flexible waterproof seal on many common wet-area building materials. It is suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- Windows, doors and sky lights
- Sealing, heating, ventilating or air conditioning duct work
- Seal leaks in gutters, downspouts, ducts and piping
- Seal electrical connections and boxes for waterproofing
- Sealing of HVAC systems
- Sealing of kitchen basins, bathroom basins and bath tubs
Tips and Tricks:
For joints above 12mm wide, a width to depth ratio of 2:1 should be used, up to a maximum depth of 12mm. In situations where fillet joints are needed, a minimum of 6mm sealant bite to each substrate is recommended. Bond beaker tape or a backer rod should be used as a back-up material to provide back pressure and avoid three-sided adhesion that limits sealant movement capability.
To keep your Pattex All Purpose Silicone Sealant fresh for longer, simply store in a cool dry environment.
Step by step
1. Surfaces must be clean, dry and free from grease and dust. Non-porous surfaces, such as aluminum, glass etc., should be cleaned with a suitable solvent.
2. After suitable joint preparation and masking, the sealant is gunned into place and tooled within 5 to 10 minutes, using a Pattex Sealant Profiler Tool. Masking tape is then removed immediately. Uncured material can be removed by using a solvent. Cured material may be removed by abrasion or other mechanical means.
3. The sealant joint width should be designed to accommodate the movement capability of the sealant. In general, the minimum joint width should be 6mm. For joints between 6-12mm wide, a seal depth of 6mm is recommended.