Product introduction / description:
Pattex Power Epoxy Universal Mix in a tube gives you a super strong bonding power you need for most materials. Not only does it dry transparently but it won’t expand or shrink when curing. Resistant to water, oil and common solvents, Pattex Power Epoxy Universal Mix in a tube can be used for outdoors and indoors, you can also paint, sand, polish and even drill it!
Power Epoxy Universal Mix in a tube sets in 5 minutes for a strong and fast bond and in 60 minutes if you want to take your time to get things just right.
Product main benefits:
- Extremely robust
- Cures crystal clear
- Plastic (except PP, PE and Teflon®)
Tips and tricks:
Clean before hard
Even if you work with the utmost precision, some Pattex Epoxy can still go where you don’t want it to go. In this case use ethanol, or any other universal solvent, to clean any adhesive remains before they get hard.
Even if you know what you’re doing, mistakes can sometimes happen. Once hard, Pattex Epoxy glues can only be removed mechanically. The best thing to do is use a scraper. But be sure to read the instructions, so you know exactly what you’re doing.
Read the instructions
Before gluing anything together, take a moment to read the instructions included with the product. We recommend you consult and follow the technical, safety and environmental information before use.
Product should be stored at a temperature between 10 ºC and 30 ºC.
Step by step
1. Make sure surfaces are clean, dry and free of grease or dust. If you can, roughen the surfaces, so the bond is stronger.
2. Mix components at a ratio of 1:1. Squeeze equal amounts of component A and B out of the tubes and mix together until you only have one colour of adhesive.
3. Apply the double-component mixture to one of the surfaces and join to the other surface.
4. At room temperature, you have 3 minutes after mixing the components to join the surfaces.
5. After 5 minutes, the bond is strong enough to allow for normal use again. You can exert stress after 2 hours, and objects are fully cured after 24 hours.