For joints above 12mm wide, a width to depth ratio of 2:1 should be used, up to a maximum depth of 12mm. In situations where fillet joints are needed, a minimum of 6mm sealant bite to each substrate is recommended. Bond beaker tape or a backer rod should be used as back-up material to provide backpressure and avoid three-sided adhesion that limits sealant movement capability.
All Purpose Silicone - Transparent
Features and Benefits
An all in one versatile acetic cure silicone sealant formulated for general purpose glazing and sealing applications where long term reliability is required. Bonds to form a durable, flexible waterproof seal on many common wet-area building materials. It is suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- Windows, doors and sky lights
- Sealing, heating, ventilating or air conditioning duct work
- Seal leaks in gutters, downspouts, ducts and piping
- Seal electrical connections and boxes to waterproof them
- Sealing of HVAC systems
- Sealing of kitchen basins, bathroom basins and bath tubs
To keep your Pattex All Purpose Silicone Sealant fresh for longer, simply store in a cool dry environment.