For joints above 12mm wide, a width to depth ratio of 2:1 should be used, up to a maximum depth of 12mm. In situations where fillet joints are needed, a minimum of 6mm sealant bite to each substrate is recommended. Bond beaker tape or a backer rod should be used as a back-up material to provide back pressure and avoid three-sided adhesion that limits sealant movement capability.
All Purpose Silicone
Features and Benefits
An all in one versatile acetic cure silicone sealant formulated for general purpose glazing and sealing applications where long term reliability is required. Bonds to form a durable, flexible waterproof seal on many common wet-area building materials. It is suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- Windows, doors and sky lights
- Sealing, heating, ventilating or air conditioning duct work
- Seal leaks in gutters, downspouts, ducts and piping
- Seal electrical connections and boxes for waterproofing
- Sealing of HVAC systems
- Sealing of kitchen basins, bathroom basins and bath tubs
To keep your Pattex All Purpose Silicone Sealant fresh for longer, simply store in a cool dry environment.